Are you interested in what dissertations students have written before you? Take a look at our list of recent dissertations defended.
Visit the West Library Academic Archive website for the abstract and complete dissertation.
- Dr. Chassidy Green “An Analysis of Texas School Districts Using CSCOPE in Grades 5 and 8 Mathematics.” Chair: Dr. Twyla Miranda
- Dr. Kary A. Johnson “Multicomponent Treatment of Rapid Naming, Reading Rate and Visual Attention in Single and Double Deficit Dyslexics.” Chair: Dr. Celia Wilson Scott
- Dr. Joey Richards “Principal-generated YouTube Video as a Method of Improving Parental Involvement.” Dr. Aileen Curtin
- Dr. Deborah Roark “The Impact of Participation in Freshmen Learning Communities on Student Academic Achievement and Retention at One College.” Chair: Dr. Aileen Curtin
- Dr. Michael Wright “A Phenomenological Investigation into Cultural Factors Which May or May Not Contribute to Degree Completion Among American Indian Students in One Community College District.” Chair: Dr. Twyla Miranda
- Dr. Shane Naterman "A Qualitative Content Analysis of Sexual Abuse Prevention and Awareness Programming in Texas Private Schools." Chair: Dr. Joe Dryden
- Dr. Marillyn Dardenne "A Qualitative Case Study Investigation into Character Education Experiences in One Urban Middle School Setting." Chair: Dr. Twyla Miranda
- Dr. Steven Newby "A Case Study of the Experiences of Transfer Students in an Urban Christian School." Chair: Dr. Aileen Curtin
- Dr. Andrew Ha "The Relationship Between Web-Assisted Computer Math Instruction On Pass, Withdrawal, and Future Success Rated of Students in Remedial Courses at One Community College." Chair: Dr. Twyla Miranda
- Dr. Al Benskin “Teachers' Perceptions of African American Male Students and African American Male Students' Perceptions of Teachers." Chair: Dr. William Newton
- Dr. Alondra Poindexter “An Investigation into the Self-Reported Role Cultural Identity Plays in the Educational Interactions of African American High School Teachers Working with African American High School Students in Texas." Chair: Dr. Patsy Robles-Goodwin
- Dr. Jacqueline Gaffner “Exploring Barriers and Solutions to Technolgy Integration: Employing Co-Teaching Strategies as a Method of Technology Professional Development." Chair: Dr. Elsa Anderson
- Dr. Terilyn Gray “Educator Perceptions of Deficit Thinking and Deficit Thinking's Influence on Student Achievement in Secondary Urban Schools in North Texas." Chair: Dr. Celia Wilson Scott
- Dr. Jeff Herr “Thinking Out Loud: Exploring the Dynamics of Student Engagement within Facilitated Whole-Class Dialogues." Chair: Dr. Twyla Miranda
- Dr. Julie Ledford "A Descriptive Analysis: The Role of Social Intelligence in School Leadership." Chair: Dr. Twyla Miranda
- Dr. Shereah Taylor “Contributing Factors to Success and Retention of Community College Teacher Education Graduates: A Case Study." Chair: Dr. Twyla Miranda
- Dr. Katrina Schultz “An Investigation of Multi-modal Integrated Reading Intervention Effectiveness.” Chair: Dr. Celia Wilson Scott
- Dr. David Freeman “A Study of Schoo District's Repsonses to Violence: Arming School District Employees ad Part of a Comprehensive Safety Plan." Chair: Dr. Joe Dryden
- Dr. Teresa Phelps "The Impact of Self-Efficacy: A Case Study of Third and Fourth Grade Writing Teachers." Chair: Dr. Lisa Dryden
- Dr. Jessica Salazar “Title I Reading Intevention: An Examination of Supplemental Instruction with English Language Learners." Chair: Dr. Patsy Robles-Goodwin
- Dr. Jolene Webster "The Effects of Music Education on Academic, Social, and Emotional Outcomes: An Investigation into the Perceptions of High School students and Their Parents." Chair: Dr. Twyla Miranda
- Dr. Adlai Charles "A Qualitative Case Study: Understanding Mentors’ Perspectives in a Peer Mentoring Program for First Year Students at One Prospective Tier 1 Research University.” Chair: Dr. Twyla Miranda
- Dr. Laura Kunkel "Athletic Training Student Perceptions of Preceptor Learner-Centeredness During Clinical Experiences." Chair: Dr. Celia Wilson Scott
- Dr. Waldine Fyer “Understanding the Impact of Mobility on the Academic and Social Experiences of the Military Adolescent.” Chair: Dr. Celia Wilson Scott
- Dr. Rebecca Martinez “An Investigation of the Impact of Grade Retention and Social Promotion on Mathematics Achievement in Texas: 2005-2012.” Chair: Dr. Celia Wilson Scott
- Dr. Keonna Roberts “Comparison of University-Based Teacher Certification Programs and Alternative Certification Programs.” Chair: Dr. Elsa Anderson
- Dr. Kristi Dorman “The Impact of Access To and Usage Of Laptop Computers on Math Achievement as Measured By ACT and SAT Scores in Mathematics.” Chair: Dr. Joe Dryden
- Dr. Maria Guadalupe Arrendondo-Alba “A Descriptive Analysis of the Impact of Training Sessions “iQue Buena Idea!” Conducted in Spanish for Spanish-speaking Parents of Children with Special Needs.” Chair: Dr. Twyla Miranda
- Dr. Solomon Cross “Community College Administrator Perceptions of the Value of Competency-based Education: A Phenomenological Study.” Chair: Dr. William Newton
- Dr. Cristina Martinez “A Mixed Methods Study Into the Perceptions of High School Counselors and College Admissions Officers Regarding Educational Opportunities for Unauthorized Residents in Regards to Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) and In-state Tuition Policies." Chair: Dr. Carlos Martinez
- Dr. Sheldon Smart “A Phenomenological Study Which Examines the Mentoring Experience of African-American/Black Males Enrolled in an Urban Two-Year Community College." Chair: Dr. Twyla Miranda
- Dr. Hannah Anthony “First Year Teachers' Perceptions of Preparedness to Meet the Needs of Diverse Students." Chair: Dr. Twyla Miranda
- Dr. Ted Arrington “An Analysis of the Teaching of Critical Thinking Skills in History in Post-Secondary Education." Chair: Dr. Celia Wilson Scott
- Dr. Christine Beason “Mixed Methods Design Study Investigating the Use of a Music Authentic Performance Assessment Tool by High School Band Directors to Measure Student Musical Growth." Chair: Dr. Aileen Curtin
- Dr. Carolyn Choate “An Investigation into the Academic, Social and Economic Effects of Requisite Remedial Courses for First Year College Students: A Mixed Methods Case Study of One Private University." Chair: Dr. Celia Wilson Scott
- Dr. Dianne Hawkins “The Influence of Parental Engagement on Most Restrictive Special Education Placements for African American Students in a Major Urban Texas School District." Chair: Dr. Twyla Miranda
Welcome to Wilson EDC!
Serving the world from Wilson
Wilson, North Carolina has a roster of companies that is the envy of many metropolitan areas. Each company has a different set of reasons for selecting, staying and growing in Wilson. All share an enthusiasm for Wilson's pro‐business environment, which allows each company to effectively serve regional, national and international markets successfully from this area.
The goal of the Wilson Economic Development Council is to partner with companies making a site selection decision. Our staff will assist with the start‐up of new facilities and continue to collaborate with each company to ensure successful operations. Many fine companies have selected Wilson for their manufacturing, distribution, service and sales facilities. We invite you to browse our website and please contact us so that we can discuss ways to meet the needs of your company.
Wilson, NC – click on WalletHub logo to find out where Wilson ranks on their list of Best Small Cities to Start a Business.